Smoking!

SMOKING




I am no longer here
Therefore I will no longer be
I am gone

You got married
Your brother went to college
Your mother works two jobs now

Your sister is happy
You have a degree, and now you are working
You have a lovely girlfriend

My love, you were always my love
You do not believe me, you asked me to stop
But I puffed, puffed away

I am locked in torturous regret
There were moments I wanted to quite
I am selfish, I loved my addiction more than all of you

*****
Death is a constant
I am here to support death, to strengthen its hand
Therefore I will continue

I will take advantage of your youth
Therefore you will move about without a care
You will puff, puff away

I am presented as pleasing, enjoyable
There really is no independence, you’re mine
I will enforce your addiction, with a smile

You're older now, you're still mine
I am here, to take you there, to death
Therefore you will follow me, you submitted to my will

You can hardly breathe
I am laughing, laughing at a fool
Therefore I will be constant, never ending

(c)Copyright 2014 Artemis J Jones

No comments: